Since we cannot meet in person we are wanting to see who has interest in any of the following positions to be part of the 2020-2021 PTA Board. A detailed description of each position is listed with the title. You must be a PTA member to be considered. You still have time to sign up if you are not a current PTA member.
The duties of the local PTA or council president are as follows:
1. Preside at all meetings.
2. Serve as spokesperson for the local PTA or council.
3. With approval of the executive committee, make one-year appointments to positions and committees as specified in the standing rules.
4. Be an ex officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.
5. Disseminate and communicate all information received pertinent to PTA purposes and programs.
6. The local PTA president shall assure local PTA representation at council meetings if the local PTA is part of a council.
7. The council president shall attend region meetings or designate an alternate to attend and cooperate, when requested, with the region director in establishing new local PTAs.
The duties of the local PTA or council vice president are as follows:
1. Preside at meetings in the absence of the president.
2. Act as assistant to the president.
The duties of the local PTA or council secretary are as follows:
1. Prepare accurate minutes of all meetings.
2. Be responsible for correspondence as requested by the president.
3. Maintain a roster of the members of all standing and special committees.
4. The local PTA secretary shall maintain a roster of members.
5. The council secretary shall maintain a roster of local PTAs served by the council with names and addresses of their officers.
The duties of the local PTA or council treasurer are as follows:
1. Serve as chair of the budget committee and present the budget to the membership.
2. Maintain accurate financial records.
3. Receive, issue receipts for, and deposit promptly in an authorized PTA account all funds, and disburse funds according to the approved yearly budget.
4. Present a written financial report every month and at other times as requested by the president.
5. Provide all financial records if requested by the president or any member of the board of directors.
6. Close the books at the end of the fiscal year and submit the books and records for financial review to the financial review committee no later than thirty days thereafter.
7. Submit any dues collected to WSPTA by deadlines prescribed by WSPTA policy.
Please fill out form by clicking HERE
Thank you and we are excited for next year!